Deadline & Amount
May 14, 2017 | $3,000
The Janet Phleger Foundation was established to provide assistance to graduating high school seniors of Lucas County that have a parent and/or legal guardian that has been affected with cancer, as a cancer survivor, those who may have succumbed to cancer, or those who are currently fighting.
Eligible Candidates Must
- Have a parent or guardian that was diagnosed with cancer
- Be current residents of Lucas County
- Graduate from high school in 2017
- Attend an Ohio college or university
- Show financial need
- Cover Sheet: This shows that all required documents are included.
- Contact Information: Address, High School, and College/University
- Personal essay: Submit personal essay discussing how your parent or legal guardian’s battle with cancer has influenced your development.
- Community and extracurricular activities: Submit a list of your community and extracurricular activities.
- Letters of recommendation: Submit 2 letters of recommendation from individuals that can comment on your character (family members and friends are excluded).
- SAR document: Submit your Student Aid Report (SAR) – the report you receive after submitting the (FAFSA).
Complete all required fields in the online application on or before May 14, 2017.
Applications are considered INCOMPLETE until all attachments have been received.